Continuously variable transmissions (CVTs) create unlimited gear ratios using a belt or chain running between two variable diameter pulleys. CVTs require a unique transmission fluid with specialized frictional characteristics designed to ensure the belt or chain remains in contact with the pulleys without slipping. Amsoil Synthetic CVT Fluid provides outstanding metal-to-metal frictional properties and excellent protection and performance. It is Warranty Secure and is a cost-effective, high-performance alternative to vehicle manufacturer fluids.
Excellent Frictional Properties
The metal-to-metal frictional properties between the CVT’s belt/chain interface and the pulleys are important, relying on the CVT fluid to prevent slipping. Amsoil Synthetic CVT Fluid provides exceptional metal-to-metal frictional properties to help prevent belt and chain slipping and help extend trans miss ion life.
Outstanding Wear Protection
Amsoil Synthetic CVT Fluid is durable. In normal and severe service, it effectively resists wear to the transmission’s vital parts, helping achieve long life. Resists Heat In elevated heat, Synthetic CVT Fluid’s thermally stable formulation guards against the harmful effects oftherma I breakdown. It resists the formation of varnish that can threaten transmission performance and life.
Superior Wet-Clutch Performance
Amsoil Synthetic CVT Fluid provides superior wet-clutch performance for outstanding anti-shudder durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness.
Field testing was conducted to compare Amsoil Synthetic CVT Fluid and Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid. Four vehicles (two equipped with AmsoilCVT Fluid and two with Nissan NS-2 CVl Fluid ) were driven 100,000 miles before the transmissions were torn down and inspected.
As indicated by the lack of wear in the belt and pulley photos below, Amsoil CVT Fluid provided outstanding protection throughout the duration of the field trial, proving it is a highquality replacement for Nissan NS-2 CVl Fluid.
Amsoil lab testing also reveals Amsoil CVT Fluid met, and in some cases surpassed, the protection and performance of Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid:
- In FZG wear testing (ASTM D5182), Nissan NS-2 achieved a 7 stage pass, while Amsoil CVT Fluid significantly surpassed it with an 11 stage pass.
- In the JASO LVFA Anti-Shudder Durability Test, Amsoil CVT Fluid lasted six times longer, translating into improved anti-shudder durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness.
Amsoil Synthetic CVT Fluid is recommended for belt- and chain-type continuously variable transmissions requiring the following:
- Audi/VWTL52180, G 052 180, G 052 516
- BMW8322 0 136 376, 8322 0 429 154, EZL 799A
- Daihatsu Amix CVTF-DC, CVTF-DFE
- Dodge/Jeep NS-2, CVTF+4®, MOP AR® CVT 4
- Ford CVT23, CFT30, WSS-M2C933-A, Motorcraft® XT-7-QCFT, MERCON® C
- GM/Saturn DEX-CVT, CVTF I-Green2
- Honda HMMF, HCF-2
- Hyundai/Kia SP-CVT 1
- Mazda CVTF 3320
- Mercedes Benz CVT28, 236.20
- Mini Cooper EZL 799A, ZF CVT Vl
- Mitsubishi Dia Queen CVTF-Jl, CVTF-J4
- Nissan NS-1, NS-2, NS-3
- Punch EZL 799A
- Shell Green 1 V
- Subaru e-CVTF, i-CVTF, Lineartronic® CVTF, K0425Y0710, CV-30
- Suzuki CVTF 3320, TC, NS-2, CVTF Green1, CVTF Green 2
- Toyota/Lexus TC, FE
Amsoil Synthetic CVT Fluid is Warranty Secure™, keeping your factory warranty intact. Amsoil Synthetic CVT Fluid is a high-performance replacement for vehicle manufacturer-branded products and is also backed by the Amsoil Limited Warranty (G1363). For details, visit www.amsoil.com/warrantysecure.
Health & Safety
This product is not expected to cause health concerns when used for the intended application and according to the recommendations in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). An SDS is available via the Internet at www.amsoil.com or upon request at (715) 392-7101. Keep Out of Reach of Children.